Friday, April 9, 2010

Each time he lighted a cigarette, I touched the pocket of my pants looking for my cigarettes to try to relax. About at the half of the movie I noticed that my neighbor was looking at me in a very weird way.

When the film ended I was really nervous because of my wishes to smoke. To try to relax my self I decided to do one of the pleasures of life to relax. I ordered a glass of red wine. I do not think that it was one finest wine in the world, but the first sip tasted like heaven on a glass. I was enjoining it so much that inadvertently took the cigarettes out and I put one in your mouth. I was about to light it when my neighbor stopped me and said with a smile - a little nervous?

Only a little -I answered – and it is the film’s fault. They smoke too much.

He laughed and we continued talking for a while.

An hour before arriving to Tokyo, the fasten seatbelts turned on and the captain made an announcement. I can’t remember exactly what he said but it was something like this - Dear passengers as we reported before we took off there is a Typhoon near the city of Tokyo ... (Uh!? I didn’t hear that, no one informed me, why did we come?) ... We will try to land before the hurricane arrives at Narita ... (UH!? what if it arrives before us?, I knew that the insurance was important!, oh! But I never learn) ... if for any reason we can’t land, we go to a nearby airport ... (Yeah right! Still I would rather be buried at the sea) ... please remain on your seats with your belts fastened.

Seconds later the show started. I honestly didn’t knew how bad it was until I saw my neighbor with his eyes wide shut and he was clinging to the armrest (That’s nice! Now where I can grab my self from?). Honestly I didn’t knew what to think. So I decided to check the flight attendants, they are always a good reference. I peered down the hall and saw two stewardesses, a Japanese and an American. The two of them were clinging to their seats, same as my neighbor. The Japanese had tears in her eyes. Until now, I regret watching that scene. I think it was better to think my self as a coward than to realize that if were bad.

I don’t know how much time passed after I saw the flight attendants, but there was a pretty scary scream behind me and the Japanese stewardess stood up and ran to see what happened.

Home     <-- Previous     Next --> 

Enlaces